Friday, October 06, 2006

Thanks for voting Conservative

This isn't my post for the week, but I had to say something about this. My husband caught the tail end of a news story on CBC Newsworld about a change in federal funding for women's interest groups and I'm outraged about two things. First of all, that it was difficult to actually find on a news site (try the CBC) and second that the truth is our government thinks it's more important to fund "faith-based" women's interest groups and REAL Women than anyone who is working for women's equality. I'll let you read the story for yourself, even though it's not "top headline" material, but no one should be surprised. We'll all be at home with our babies like good Christian women in no time. Like I said, thanks for voting Conservative Canada.

1 comment:

Me! ... uh ... Laura said...

*not my comment for the week*

So if Status of Women Canada is no longer going to promote equality for women what exaclty is it going to do? Fund cooking classes? Perhaps I can score a free scrapbooking workshop. Who needs equality when you can scrapbook, am I right?